Miami Metro Homicide is a department within the Miami Metro Police Department, run by Deputy Chief Thomas Matthews. It is the central department within both the DEXTER Showtime Series and the Dexter Book Series.
While Homicide is generally run by a Lieutenant LaGuerta, it is often taken under control by Deputy Chief Tom Matthews.
- Tom Matthews - Deputy Chief (current)
- Maria LaGuerta - Captain (former, deceased)
- Debra Morgan - Lieutenant (former, deceased)
- Angel Batista - Lieutenant (current)
- James Doakes - Sergeant (former, deceased)
Many of the detectives on the force handle various cases, ontop of assisting others in the field (as seen especially during the Bay Harbor Butcher Case under direction of Frank Lundy's Task Force). Most of the detectives only have their last name revealed, as they're often meant to be referred to as such.
- Detective Debra Morgan (former)
- Detective Joseph Quinn (current, transfer from Miami Narcotics after Doakes's death)
- Detective Cira Manzon
- Detective Mike Anderson (former, new transfer from Chicago, replaced detective Debra Morgan, deceased)
- Detective Bellany
- Detective Booker
- Detective Madison
- Detective "Mack" McNamara
- Detective Ramirez
- Detective Robert Ramos
- Detective Jake Simms
- Detective Michael Soderquist
- Detective Thompson
- Detective Kirk Lylot
Forensics are the key resource to providing evidence to support Detective claims during a case. Without their assistance, in most cases not nearly enough evidence would be available to help put away the most dangerous criminals.
- Dexter Morgan - Blood Spatter Analyst
- Vince Masuka - Lead Forensic Technician
- Louis Greene - Masuka's lab intern (fired, deceased)
- Ryan Chambers - Masuka's lab intern (fired, replaced by Louis)
- Peter Latton - Masuka's lab intern (former, replaced by Ryan)
Homicide has many cases they cover each year, however certain cases become a prime focus for multiple detectives and almost always center around Dexter Morgan in some way (except during the Santa Muerte Case, where there is no connection between that and Dexter whatsoever).
- Ice Truck Killer Investigation (2006)
- Bay Harbor Butcher Investigation (2007, turned over to the FBI)
- Skinner Case (2008)
- Trinity Case (2009, turned over to the FBI)
- Santa Muerte Case (2009 - 2010)
- Barrel Girls Case (2010)
- Doomsday Killer Investigation (2011, temporarily turned over to Homeland Security)
- Mike Anderson Investigation (2011)
- The Brain Surgeon Investigation (2012)
- Main page : Police Cases