Road Kill is the eight episode of twelve episodes in Season Four and the Forthy-fourth episode in the DEXTER television series. The episode aired on November 15, 2009. In this episode, Dexter travels to Tampa with Arthur "The Trinity Killer" and plans to kill him there.
...Need to be rewritten...
Dexter has always known his father's Code was meant to protect him from exposure. But after committing a serious mistake, he wonders if it could have been designed to protect him from something even more dangerous - human emotion. When he discovers that Trinity is planning an out-of-town trip, Dexter sees an opportunity to ride along and gain insight into the mind of a fellow monster. Even so, Dexter isn't prepared for the startling revelations Trinity makes along the way, revelations about his own past which only serve to convince Dexter of what he must do. Meanwhile, back at Miami Metro, Debra refuses to let a technicality keep her off the Trinity case. She works through others to ensure her voice is heard - that is, until she realizes that her single-minded pursuit of the Trinity Killer may have blinded her to the truth that Dexter is also a serial killer.
- Michael C. Hall: Dexter Morgan
- Julie Benz: Rita Bennett
- Jennifer Carpenter: Debra Morgan
- Desmond Harrington: Joey Quinn
- C.S. Lee: Vince Masuka
- Lauren Velez: Maria LaGuerta
- David Zayas: Angel Batista
- James Remar: Harry Morgan (credit only)
- John Lithgow : Arthur Mitchell
- Courtney Ford : Christine Hill
- Julia Campbell : Sally Mitchell
- Brando Eaton : Jonah Mitchell
- Vanessa Marano : Rebecca Mitchell
- Christina Robinson : Astor Bennett
- Preston Bailey : Cody Bennett
- Rick Peters : Elliott
- Andrew Thacher : Bob Moore
- Greg Joung Paik : Mr. Lee
- Esther Paik : Mrs. Lee
- Alex Lewis : Marty
- Bo Kane : Sonny Skyes
- Harrison Thacher : Spencer Moore
- Steve Ritzi : Volunteer #1
- Kortney Manns : Volunteer #2
- ↑ Internet Movie Database Website, ordered by opening credit
- ↑  Moore family, include Bob Moore(dad), Nancy Moore(mom) ,Spencer Moore(son) and unnamed daughter, are the family that Arthur talks to in restaurant
- ↑  Along with Mr. Lee, are a couple that lives in Arthur's former house.
- ↑  Along with #1, are people who help Arthur from falling of the building
|Road kill - it isn't a killing on the road, it a "Road" that leads to "Kill"ing, as Dexter plan to do with Arthur, although he's fail. It may also refers to Arthur's "Road" of "Kill"ing as Trinity Killer, that seems to end when he tries to commit suicide, but Dexter saved him.|
|Lila from season 2 is mention in this episode. |
Harry disappears again in this episode. He seems to disappear back and forth.
As he emerges a lot in Episode 5, vanishes in 6, emerges again in 7 and vanishes again in 8, this episode.
Althought a word "Kill" is in a title, nobody died or injured in this episode.
|"Born in blood, both of us."|
- Dexter, think about himself and Trinity
"Guilt, remorse, it’s what separate us from the animals.
Your conscience is eating away at you but you’re gonna feel better. Confession is good for the soul."
- Arthur ,to Dexter.
"All the more proof I don’t have a soul."
- Dexter, think to himself about what Arthur said.
“I killed an innocent man and saved a guilty one. I won’t make that mistake again"
- Dexter, to himself.
"It should have been Arthur Mitchell on my table.
Trinity, shooter of my sister. I should have…
No, no should haves – that’s not me. I just need to stop thinking about it."
- Dexter, to himseld about killing a innocent people.
A changed man at peace with himself. Maybe only monsters feel no regret.
If erring is human, than remorse must be too. Wait – does that make me human? Huh! -
- Dexter, to himself.
"This is his solution to remorse – suicide.
That’s why he could unburden himself. He knew this was next.
Will it be my only solution someday?"
- Dexter, to himself about Arthur's suicide.