Dexter finds himself enjoying a brief moment of tranquility. He's finally managed to strike a balance between work, family... and other pursuits. But he's keenly aware that times like these aren't meant to last. When Miami Metro Homicide discovers a string of murders connected to a prominent photographer, Dexter sees an opportunity for a clean kill. However, his plans seem to be thwarted every step of the way. Quinn has taken a renewed interest in Dexter's nightlife. Dexter's plans to keep Astor and Cody distracted with new activities soon backfire. Even Harry disapproves of Dexter's choice of pastime, urging him instead to focus his efforts on the Trinity Killer. Meanwhile, Debra returns to work, frustrated to find everyone treating her with kid gloves. She decides to concentrate on her pursuit of the Trinity Killer as well as delving into her father's checkered past - investigations which Dexter fears might lead her to danger - or worse, the truth.
- Michael C. Hall: Dexter Morgan
- Julie Benz: Rita Bennett
- Jennifer Carpenter: Debra Morgan
- Desmond Harrington: Joey Quinn
- C.S. Lee: Vince Masuka (credit only)
- Lauren Velez: Maria LaGuerta
- David Zayas: Angel Batista
- James Remar: Harry Morgan (In vision)
- John Lithgow : Arthur Mitchell
- Courtney Ford : Christine Hill
- Greg Ellis : Jonathan Farrow
- Mary Mara : Valerie Hodges
- Christina Robinson : Astor Bennett
- Preston Bailey : Cody Bennett
- Rick Peters : Elliott Larson
- Mark Atteberry : Attorney
- John Griffin : Timothy Brand
- Marisa Petroro : Kate
- Cooper Huckabee : Joe Nix
- Alex Lewis : Marty
- Bill Doyle : Father
- Eve Mauro : Attractive Woman
- Lisa Catara : Farrow Beauty (one of the models)
- Jessica Ochoa : Anita Parente (one of the models killed by Timothy Brand)
- ↑ Episode 407: Slack Tide He seems just doesn't make an appearance because Angel said about DNA analysis of Timothy Brand that Dexter doesn't do, maybe Vince does.
- ↑ Internet Movie Database Website, ordered by opening credit
- ↑ Episode 407: Slack Tide Unnamed, maybe she is Estrella Caraza, Lauren Lopez or Gina Hermeille. So she might be killed by Timothy Brand
|Slack Tide - Dexter explains it himself in first quote of this episode |
"There’s a moment sailors call slack tide. When the tide is neither coming in nor going out, but perfectly still. It’s a moment frozen in time, when all is calm and peaceful. The only downside to it is that it passes so quickly. As much as we might like things to be suspended in time, they never do."
|When Dexter shreds his mother’s file, it is clearly the file for Estrella Corazo, |
the dead woman in this episode, and not his mother’s file at all.
The story a man tells the children during campfire is "The Hook", a classic urban legend.
Somehow, Arthur can't kill a deer that his car hit, even though he kills so many people in his three-cycle murders.
|"Man has always been drawn to the sea, but it’s an unnatural setting for us. |
A place of great danger. Tides, currents, waves, wind
-each presenting their own hazards, none of which can be ignored.
The slightest lapse in judgment could be a mistake you might never recover from.
But a good sailor doesn’t fight against these elements. A good sailor works with them,
using them to his advantage. While others less fortunate might be forever cast adrift,
often in several pieces, he always comes home safely"
- Dexter, to himself
"Okay - two serial killers go for a ride.
Why do I get the feeling that this joke ends with only one of them coming back?"
- Dexter, to himself, when he's in Arthur's car
Debra’s headed in the wrong direction,
but when she realizes that and gets headed the right way,
Laura Moser leads to Brian Moser leads to the Ice Truck Killer leads to Harry Morgan.
So many little stepping stones that lay a path to the real me.
- Dexter, to himself