The following page provides info specifically on Dexter during Season Eight. For general info on Dexter, please refer to this page.
For Detailed Info on Plot for Each Season, refer to the respective Tabs
|Dexter Morgan/Season 8|
Dexter Morgan is the protagonist of both the DEXTER television series and the Dexter Book Series. He's introduced as a Serial killer and later, a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department. He has an adoptive sister by the name of Debra Morgan and learns later on that he has a biological brother by the name of Brian Moser. His adoptive parents are Harry and Doris Morgan, unfortunately both have passed away prior to the events of this season. He is the biological father of Harrison Morgan, whom he had with the now deceased Rita Morgan and is caring for him as a single father.
Six months after the events of Season 7, Dexter has seen various accomplishments in his life, such as coaching Harrison's soccer team to the championship and getting his bowling team back together. However, he now has a strained relationship with Deb, who has now entered a depression and hates Dexter for making her compromise everything that she once stood for by killing Maria LaGuerta.
A Beautiful DayEdit
Dexter's life takes a peaceful turn while Debra is dealing with the guilt of killing LaGuerta. Dexter is not comfortable and tries to reach Debra to no avail. But Dexter's way of life is threatened when a new serial killer known to the authorities as the Brain Surgeon takes Miami as his playground, forcing the Miami Police Department to enlist the help of an expert in the minds of psychopaths: Dr. Evelyn Vogel.
- Andrew Briggs - Andrew was a criminal who skipped out on bail after a jewelry store robbery, where he also brutally assaulted another man. After tracking Deb down to the Pink Motel, the two get into an argument after Dexter tries to warn her to leave with him since the man Andrew had conversed with earlier, Javier Guzman, was a hitman who would kill them both after getting the jewelry. Briggs comes out, and recognizes Dexter from the grocery store earlier. Briggs tries to fight Dexter after he grabs Deb's arm, but Dexter gets the upper hand. Briggs attempts to grab a knife on a nearby table to stab Dexter, but Dexter turns the knife on Briggs, killing him.
- Ron Galuzzo - A former patient of Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Who he tricked into thinking a school bully had killed a friend of his. In reality, he had killed him) who was believed to be the The Brain Surgeon. Galuzzo worked at a fitness store in a mall. Dexter posed as an interested customer and Galuzzo denied any knowledge of knowing who Vogel was. After Dexter broke into his house, he opens fridge and finds various organs and body parts, and upon finding a whole brain in a cup of garlic, he realizes that Galuzzo cannot be the Brain Surgeon. Regardless, Dexter still kills him anyways because he fit the code.
- A.J. Yates - A former patient of Dr. Vogel. Believed to be the Brain Surgeon. Yates kidnapped Vogel and held her hostage at an empty house, but Vogel drew Dexter and Debra there by leaving a phone on. Yates discovered her trick just before Dexter and Debra arrived, so he ran upstairs and hid under the bed, like he used to when he was a kid. As Debra stood near the bed, he approached her ankle with a knife, but before he could attack her, Dexter jumped onto the bed and stabbed a curtain holder through, into his back, killing him.
- Oliver Saxon - The real Brain Surgeon. Dexter intended to leave him for the cops, but after hearing that Debra suffered a stroke and may become brain dead, Dexter decided to handle Saxon himself. He went to the police station where Saxon was being held, and then had him taken to a room for a GSR (Gun Shot Residue) test, where he threatened Saxon, telling him "I'm going to kill you with that pen." Saxon grabbed then pen first, and stabbed Dexter in the chest. Dexter quickly yanked it out, and then plunged it into Saxon's neck, killing him.
- Debra Morgan - Shortly after killing Saxon, Dexter went back to the medical facility Debra was being held at. Seeing her laying there on life support, Dexter said to himself "I can't leave her like this," and then shut off the machine and took off her oxygen mask, which lead to her dying shortly afterward.