Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The first issue was expected to release on October 3rd, 2012 shortly after the premiere of Season 7 of the television series. However, it was pushed back to 2013 for unspecified reasons by the publisher.  They were finally released on June 2013.
"Marvel Comics has always been a place where I felt at home. It has been a very important part of my life, and has always been a wellspring of creative and relevant ideas," Lindsay told USA Today. "I feel like I'm coming home. It is a huge thrill for me to bring 'Dexter' into this very special pantheon."All issues have a standard price of $3.99, however the price may vary depending which method of purchasing is used by the customer (print, digital or from an online third party).
- Writer: Jeff Lindsay
- Artist: Dalibor Talajic
- Colors: Mike Del Mundo
It takes place within the universe of the Dexter Book Series it manages to follow both the exploits of Dexter Morgan prior to Darkly Dreaming Dexter and during that novel and subsequent books to follow. The gist of the plot has been revealed to be the following: A murder comes to the attention of Dexter and it is linked to a philanthropist group of Miami. Is that just a coincidence or are there any extended roots? On top of that, there are some unsettled accounts between the head of the group and Dexter in the past.
Dexter Morgan is not just an above-average forensic blood spatter expert. He’s also Miami’s friendly neighborhood crime-fighting serial killer! But Dexter’s “killing” streak gets put on hold, as he find himself trapped in a sticky situation – his high school reunion! The Skid Row Slasher, Miami’s newest serial killer, is racking up quite the body count. The rookie is giving good ol’ Dexter a run for his money. And Dexter’s problems are only beginning to multiply as his Dark Passenger, Dexter’s inner voice, screams for a little murderous fun to feed the need! 
According to the pre-order page, Issue 1 is one of 5 suggesting that the storyline above is a self-contained arc within a miniseries rather than a branching serial.
- Dexter Morgan - The title character, it is likely that the comics will cover his life in one way or the other. The Dexter Morgan portrayed in Lindsay's universe is a serial killer than moonlights as a forensic blood spatter analyst working for the Miami Metro Homicide Department.
- Deborah Morgan - Adoptive-sister to Dexter Morgan, she was raised alongside her brother by Harry Morgan (a police officer working for Miami P.D.) and grew up to join law enforcement herself. In Lindsay's universe, she finds out the truth about Dexter by the end of the first novel and grows to accept it over the course of subsequent entries in the series.
- Harry Morgan - Adoptive-father to Dexter Morgan and biological father to Deborah Morgan. Only appears in Flashbacks on the first five issue volume.
- Rita Morgan - The girlfriend (and later wife) of Dexter Morgan. In Lindsay's universe, she has two children of her own that Dexter raises and the two have a daughter by the name of Lily Anne Morgan.
- Steve Gonzalez - Old High School nemesis of Dexter and the owner of the New Hope Foundation, while to Deborah's eyes he is innocent of all charges on the murder of Arthur Bleek, Dexter's Dark Passenger believes otherwise.
- Bruce Grigsby - Billionaire, philanthropist with an urge to hunt and kill inmigrants in Australian soil.
- Deveaux - Former Tonton Macoute and current member of the New Hope Foundation, he rapidly becomes the main suspect of Arthur Bleek's murder.
- The Skid Row Slasher - A new serial killer in town responsible for a rapidly growing body count, he is the fomer main antagonist for the first issue. As the original storyline was dropped, he plays no role on the updated story for the comics.
The following characters are not confirmed to appear within the comics though will most likely have a hand in the story regardless. This information is subject to change based on issue releases.
- Brian - Biological brother to Dexter Morgan and the serial killer known as the Taimiami Butcher in the novel Darkly Dreaming Dexter. He closely resembles his younger brother, minus being slightly taller with darker hair and a paler complexion. In Lindsay's universe he is not killed by his brother following the revelation near the end of the first book and later becomes a recurring character within the later books.
- Albert Doakes - Sergeant in Miami Metro Homicide and antagonist to Dexter Morgan. Referred to as Sergeant James Doakes in the television series, Albert shares the same personality and role as his counterpart however with a far different storyline in Lindsay's universe.
Main article: Cover gallery
Dexter comics received mixed to negative reviews. While Dalibor Talajic received praise for his artwork, a major complaint was that the comics failed to adapt the main character in the way the TV series had done. Some also felt that the source content could not be effectively conveyed in a Marvel comic due to removal of some mature elements
- ↑ http://www.dexterdaily.com/2012/09/dexter-comics-by-marvel-release-date.html
- ↑ http://www.dexterdaily.com/2012/09/dexter-comic-series-by-marvel-pushed.html
- ↑ http://www.zimbio.com/Michael+C.+Hall/articles/nWrW4fKGpNj/Dexter+Comic+Book+Marvel+Available+Pre+Order