|This page has a disambiguation page, here.|
8240 Palm Terrace, #10B
Miami, FL 33142
Dexter's apartment building is set apart from others and near the waterfront. There is also a private pool. On the inside, it appears to be a normal, well-kept apartment, consisting of a living room, kitchen, study, bathroom, and bedroom. Despite this, it contains secret places. Dexter's blood slide box (where he stashes the trophies of his kills) is hidden within an air conditioner. In the bedroom closet, his kill tools are locked inside a trunk. Also, a getaway bag that contains emergency items (e.g. cash, passports) is sealed behind a wall.
The 2nd floor apartment (condo) is owned by Dexter and it's where he lives throughout the series, except during the fourth season. After he marries Rita Bennett, they buy a house in the suburbs and Dexter has some difficulty adjusting to family life. To have a quiet place and a spot where he can research his targets, Dexter secretly keeps his apartment. When Rita eventually finds out, she grows suspicious of why Dexter is keeping it. When he finally abandons his apartment, Debra takes it over. After Rita is killed by Arthur Mitchell, Dexter moves back to the apartment and Debra moves out.
Dexter doesn't always live alone in his apartment. After her ordeal with the Ice Truck Killer, Debra lives with him until he persuades her to move out. While she is in hiding, Dexter lets Lumen Pierce stay in his empty house and, later, his apartment. For several years, it serves as both Dexter and Harrison's home with Dexter even buying an adjoining apartment in order to have more space, privacy, and an additional entrance.
In the series finale, Dexter decides to fake his own death and leave Miami. It is unknown who the new owners of the apartment are.
- Sal Price dies in Dexter's apartment after he is poisoned by Hannah McKay. ("Chemistry")
- Zach Hamilton is murdered by The Brain Surgeon, and Dexter finds his body in his apartment. ("Are We There Yet?")
- Cassie Jollenston is murdered in the next door apartment. ("Dress Code")
These adversaries have all been inside Dexter's apartment.
- Brian Moser
- Lila West
- James Doakes
- Maria LaGuerta
- Miguel Prado
- Ramon Prado
- Arthur Mitchell
- Travis Marshall
- Stan Liddy
- Joey Quinn
- Max Clayton
- Isaak Sirko
- Louis Greene
- Clint McKay
- Sal Price
- After shooting the original scenes in Bay Harbor Island, Miami Beach, a replica of the apartment was built inside the Sunset Gower studio in Hollywood, California. They even recreated the view one would see from the window of the real-life apartment in Florida.
- In "Goodbye Miami," Dexter and Hannah make plans to move to Argentina and he mentions that he needs to sell his "condo."