|This page has a disambiguation page, here.|
Deborah Morgan is a lead character in the Dexter Book Series written by Jeff Lindsay. She is a hard-working cop who has seen plenty of action in her time but is the "human side" of the otherwise inhuman Dexter Morgan, her foster-brother. Her analog in the TV series is Debra Morgan.
- Mother to Nicholas Morgan (with Kyle Chutsky)
- (former) Serious relationship with Kyle Chutsky
- (former) Partner of Deke (from Syracuse)
- (former) Partner of Coulter
- Daughter of Harry Morgan and Doris Morgan
- Sister to Dexter Morgan (adopted brother)
- Sister by adoption then via blood relation through the adoption to Brian (Brian Moser on TV)
- Sister-in-law to Rita Morgan
- Aunt to Lily Anne Morgan
- Step-aunt to Astor
- Step-aunt to Cody
Comparison with the TV seriesEdit
The novel series starting with Darkly Dreaming Dexter inspired the hit SHOWTIME television series DEXTER. While the series started out following the storyline of the first novel (with various differences), it ultimately went along its own path and became a separate universe with plenty of new characters, events and character deaths. One of the most notable differences for Deborah is the fact that her name is "Debra Morgan", similar to how Albert Doakes is in fact named James Doakes and Midgia LaGuerta is named Maria LaGuerta. Aside from that, her character interaction varies and she is the second main character so her plot often coincides with the main problem Dexter is dealing with, or she's handling her very own storyline (such as the case with Carlos Fuentes and even Jorge Orozco).
Darkly Dreaming DexterEdit
In Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Deborah is a main character as Dexter's sister who wants to join The Homicide Departmant. She wants to leave her "sexy hooker suite". One of Brian Moser's victims is found in her area. She joins the search, but in the end she is kidnapped by Brian Moser. Brian thinks Dexter should kill her to leave his life behind and join him. Dexter chooses to not kill her and let Brian go, but she learns that Dexter is a killer. After the death of Magdia LaGuerta (In the TV Series it's Maria LaGuerta), she joins the homicide depertmant for finding Brian Moser.
Dearly Devoted DexterEdit
Dexter in the DarkEdit
Dexter by DesignEdit
Dexter is DeliciousEdit
- Dr. Danco: A lawful kill, he shot him twice in the chest stopping him from further torturing Doakes and saving Dexter's life overall.